I spent the past week behind the wheel of Ford's 2013 California Special edition GT Mustang. No doubt, she's a looker. My Race Red tester featured plenty of creature comforts, like heated leather trim sports seats and the ever so cool optional mirrors with pony projection lights, which cast the image of Mustang's famous pony emblem on the ground when the unlock button is activated. The car was also equipped with an optional 3.73 ratio limited slip axle. My first impressions? The California Special, GT/CS, package offers up plenty of visual enhancements for those looking to kick things up a notch.
In all the California Special package, which costs around $1,995, features the follow:
• Arresting black billet grille with a body-color surround
• Tri-bar Pony badge
• Unique lower fascia with fog lamps
• Body-color side scoops
• Rear pedestal decklid spoiler and unique decklid badge with "California Special" displayed on the rear gas cap badge
• Diffuser-style rear lower fascia insert
• 19-inch gloss black-painted machined aluminum wheels with P245/45-19 A/S tires
• Aluminum instrument panel with carbon-style finish
• Exclusive interior Miko® suede door panel inserts
• Leather-trimmed seats with Miko suede inserts and contrast stitching
• Premium carpeted front floor mats with an embroidered California Special logo
Stay tuned for my full review.
Photo © Jonathan P. Lamas