Order Guides & Literature
Highlights for 2009
- Production Limited to 46,420 Units
- New Glass Top Roof Option
- 45th Anniversary Badging on Select Models
- Satellite Radio Standard on All Premium Interior Models
- Deluxe No Longer Used to Identify Base Models
Vehicle LineupFord will once again offer a standard coupe and convertible 4.0L V6 Mustang a 4.6L V8 Mustang in 2009. A glass top roof option is also available for each. In the realm of special-edition Mustangs, the Bullitt returns for 2009 as does the Warriors in Pink Mustang. A total of 2,100 Bullitt Mustangs will be created in 2009. Of the 1,000 Warriors in Pink Mustangs planned for production, approximately $500 from each vehicle sold will go to the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure foundation.
The Shelby GT500 also returns along with the Shelby GT500KR. 746 additional units of the “King of the Road” Mustang will be produced for the 2009 model year due to an overwhelming demand for the vehicle. Of those, 571 will go to U.S. customers. The remainder will go to countries that were not offered the car in 2008, such as customers in Canada. The Shelby GT, however, will not be an offering in the 2009 lineup.
2009 Mustang Lineup
- V6 Base, Premium (Convertible, Coupe)
- GT Base, Premium (Convertible, Coupe)
PerformanceThe standard Mustang lineup will continue to offer a 4.0L V6 engine as well as a 4.6L V8 GT model. The V6 is rated at 210 hp and 240 lb-ft torque while the V8 engine outputs an estimated 300 hp. The Shelby GT500 Mustang features a 5.4L supercharged V8 engine capable of producing 500 hp. The “King of the Road” GT500KR Mustang, introduced in 2008, features a 5.4L supercharged V8 engine capable of producing an impressive 540 hp.
PackagesThe majority of existing Mustang packages will continue to be made available for the 2009 model year. Of note, Ambient Lighting, Satin Aluminum Dash Trim, and Satellite radio will be standard on all V6 and GT Premium Interior Models. In addition, base V6 and GT Mustangs will no longer be classified as "Deluxe" models. This should help clear up any confusion buyers have regarding the differences between deluxe and premium models. Base will simply be “basic” with premium signifying a model with upgrades over base.
Packages for the V6 Mustang will include the Comfort Package, V6 Appearance Package, the popular V6 Pony Package, the V6 Safety & Security Package, the Premium Interior Package, Sport Exterior Appearance Package, and the Warriors in Pink Package.
- Premium Interior Package (18G) - Includes bright shift knob, Dark Charcoal door
panels, leather wrapped wheel, message center, polished instrument gauge cluster, satin steering wheel spokes, door latches, scuff plates and vent covers
- Comfort Package (53B) - Heated driver and passenger seats (requires leather seats), 6-way
power passenger seat and electrochromic mirror w/compass
- V6 Appearance Package (54D) -Optional on V6 Premium, Includes 18" Polished Forged Aluminum Wheels, Chrome Billet style Upper Grille, Front Lip Spoiler – Black Satin, Wide Center Hood Stripe – Black Satin, GT Hood Scoop – Black Satin, GT Rear Spoiler – Black Satin, Rear Deck Lid Appliqué – Black Satin, Side Scoops - Body Color, Bright Exhaust Tip, Upgraded Black Floor Mats
- V6 Pony Package (54P) - Includes unique Pony grille with chrome bezel and fog lamps, rear
spoiler, 17" painted cast aluminum wheel w/bright machined rim, Z-rated A/S tires, unique tri-bar Pony center cap, Pony front fender badges, lower door tape stripe available in black, white or pearl gold and carpeted front floor mats w/unique brushed chrome "MUSTANG" badge in 2009 interior colors
- V6 Safety & Security Package (43S) - ABS / Traction Control / Anti-Theft / Wheel Locking Kit
- Sport Exterior Appearance Package (54V) - Rear spoiler & sport tape stripe on lower rocker
- Warriors in Pink Package (54S) - Pink rocker tape striping , Pink stitching on leather-wrapped steering wheel, Available in black, white or silver models, Limited to 1,000 units