“Carroll Shelby’s innovative and aggressive hot-rodder spirit lives on at Shelby American today.” said John Luft, president of Shelby American. “His Cobra redefined the sports car genre and then Shelby turned what some called a ‘secretary’s car’, the Mustang, into the fire-breathing GT350. A few years later, Shelby practically invented the American ‘pocket-rocket’ with the four-cylinder turbocharged, front wheel drive Shelby GLH. This year, we’re returning to our roots with a pair of game-changing cars that will rewrite the rules for American performance.”
The company will take the stock GT500, which produces 662 horsepower, and boost its output to an impressive 850 horsepower, all while keeping the car street legal and 50 state emissions legal. In addition, the Super Snake Mustang is designed to run on 91 octane pump gas. Shelby’s new Wide Body option, which debuted last summer on the Shelby Tribute Cobra Mustang, helps the car to deliver horsepower to the wheels in the most effective manner.
“Now with 13 inch rear and 10 inch front wheels that are wrapped in serious rubber, the car launches and handles like the super car it is,” added Gary Davis, vice president of production at Shelby American. The optional wide body package isn’t just a cosmetic change, it now gives the Super Snake much more traction and makes it easy to exploit the Shelby’s potential right past the competition.”
The Super Snake package will be available with Satin Black, Gloss White, Silver, Blue, or Red stripes. In addition to the first time offering of an optional wide body package for the rear of the car, customers can also select front and rear “wide body” packages.
Shelby American reports the post-title package for the 2013 Shelby GT500 Super Snake starts at $28,995 (662 hp) and $39,995 (850 hp). The wide body option adds another $14,995, not including the base GT500 Mustang.
Shelby American is now accepting orders for the limited edition car. Interested parties should contact their sales team at (702) 942-7325 or visit www.shelbyamerican.com.
Shelby also plans to reveal another limited-edition vehicle at the show. Stay tuned for more details.
2013 Shelby GT500 Super Snake Specifications
- Shelby/Ford Racing Whipple 850 HP Supercharger – Black Finish (850 HP Package)
- Shelby Performance Radiator
- Shelby Performance Heat Exchanger
- Shelby Performance Cooling Tanks
- Shelby/Wilwood Front & Rear Brake Kit
- Shelby Front Brake Duct Cooling Kit
- 20” Shelby Super Snake 3 Piece Billet Forged Wheels
- Michelin Performance Tires
- Shelby Upgraded Suspension Package
- Shelby Rear Panhard Bar
- Shelby Caster Camber Plate Kit
- Shelby White Ball Short Throw Shifter
- Shelby/Borla Axle-Back Muffler Kit
- Shelby Super Snake Hood
- Shelby Carbon Fiber Front Splitter
- CSM Numbered Dash Plaque & Engine Plate
- Super Snake Billet Aluminum Badging
- Shelby Super Snake Fender Emblems
- Shelby Faux Rear Cap
- Shelby Deck Lid Lettering
- Super Snake Stripe Kit (available in Gloss White, Matte Black, Silver or Azure Blue)
- Shelby Super Snake Upper Mesh Grille Insert
- Rear Quarter Window Side Scoops or Paint Matched Block-Offs
- Billet Fluid Engine Cap Kit & Dip Stick
- Interior A-Pillar Pod & Gauges
- Super Snake Embroidered Headrest Covers (for non Recaro Seats)
- Super Snake Lit Door Sill Plates
- Shelby Wide Body Kit Conversion Kit (optional)
- Shelby Wide Body Kit Rear Only Conversion (optional)
- Shelby Aluminum Watts Link Rear Suspension (optional)
- Shelby/Ford Racing Suspension Sway Bar Kit (optional)
- Museum Delivery Program (Optional)
Shelby American manufactures and markets performance vehicles and related products. The company builds authentic continuation Cobras, including the 427 S/C, 289 FIA and 289 street car component vehicles. Shelby American offers the Shelby 1000, GT350, GT500 Super Snake, and GTS post-title packages for the current generation Ford Mustang. For more info, visit www.shelbyamerican.com.