The Most Powerful Super Snake Package Ever
As with the 2013 GT500, the Super Snake packages are the most powerful versions offered by the company in its 50 year history. How much power? A base model will be offered, producing 662 horsepower, as well as an optional version producing an impressive 850 horsepower. Shelby reports that the limited-edition 2013 Shelby GT500 Super Snake will also feature new styling cues, color options, and optional performance upgrades at a lower base price.
In all, only 500 2013 Super Snakes will be built, available in either coupe or convertible versions. In addition, the cars will be offered in the entire color palette offered by Ford Motor Company on the GT500.
The Shelby GT500 Super Snake is a post-title program based on the Ford Shelby GT500. The 2013 Ford Shelby GT500 Super Snake post-title package includes:
- Standard base tune is 662 HP and 631 ft./lbs. of torque
- 6-speed manual transmission with 3.31:1 rear axle ratio and short-throw shifter with optional 3.73:1
- Upgraded suspension package
- Shelby Performance cooling package with a new radiator, heat exchanger and aluminum cooling tanks
- New spoked Shelby-designed 20-inch wheels and performance tires
- Shelby / Borla exhaust system
- Optional Shelby / Ford Racing 850 hp Whipple supercharger or 850 hp Kenne Bell supercharger
- Forged Shelby / Wildwood brakes with 6 piston fronts and 4 piston rear calipers and cross drilled / vented rotors
- Front brake cooling ducts and behind the door side scoops
- Unique fiberglass hood featuring classic Shelby Super Snake design
- Shelby signature Super Snake stripes in either matte black, matte white, silver or blue
- “Super Snake” vehicle badges, and unique CSM number interior and engine plates
- “Shelby” lettering across the rear deck lid
- Optional two tone leather interior
- Shelby signature embroidered headrests, floor mats and other Shelby designed components
Super Snake Package Offerings
So how does the Super Snake package differ from the base GT500 Mustang? For starters, Shelby will offer up a choice of either satin black or gloss white stripes, which are paired with new wheels in a satin black or bright silver metallic finish. The cars will also get new silver and blue stripes which are paired with limited based vehicle colors. An important feature of this package, one that has never been offered in the company’s 50 year history, is the choice of a rear-only or front and rear wide-body package. This package is equipped with an optional 13-inch rear wheel and tire package, similar to the Carroll Shelby Tribute car developed by Ford and Shelby American that was unveiled in Monterey earlier this year.
Shelby American reports the package will make its public debut at the Barrett-Jackson Las Vegas Auction, which takes place in Las Vegas, Nevada between September 27th and 29th.
“The Shelby GT500 Super Snake has been the big dog of the Shelby American lineup,” added Shelby American Vice President of Production Gary Davis. “With Ford’s new 2013 Shelby GT500 having 662 hp right out of the box, along with our new wide body putting 14 inches of rubber on the ground, this car will be a game changer when it comes to power to the pavement performance.”
How to Purchase
As with all post-title packages, customers must first purchase a base 2013 Shelby GT500 Mustang. The post-title package, itself, starts at $28,995 for the 662 horsepower version, with the 850 horsepower version starting at $39,995. After purchasing the package, the car will need to be sent to the Shelby American factory in Las Vegas where the upgrade will take place.
Customers can build their dream Shelby Super Snake online with the “Build-One” program at http://shelbyamerican.com. Those interested in a car can also contact the Shelby American sales department at (702) 942-7325 or go to www.shelbyamerican.com.