Some folks in the Mustang community agree there’s no such thing as too much power, and will most certainly get their fix by having their 2007 or 2008 Ford Shelby GT500 transformed into a street-legal monster. When Shelby is finished, their 500hp GT500 will be no more. In its place will emerge a fully warranted 605hp or an unwarranted 725+hp Shelby Super Snake.
Total cost: $27,995.00 plus the price of the Shelby GT500 they’re modifying.
Here’s how it works. Customers must first purchase a new 2008 Shelby GT500 or must own a 2007 Shelby GT500. Then they will need to send the car to the Shelby Automobiles facility in Las Vegas, Nev. or the factory-approved modification center at Tasca Ford in Cranston, R.I. A few weeks later the Super Snake will emerge.
Carroll Shelby is no stranger to the Super Snake concept. In fact, in 1967 he and his team built a GT500 Super Snake for Mel Burns Ford. According to a press release issued by the company, the car reached lap speeds of over 150 mph and a top speed of 170 mph. "My team at Shelby Automobiles is always working on new ways to build better performing cars" said Carroll Shelby. "I told them that I wanted to build a vehicle that could blow the doors off of most anything on the planet. By partnering with Ford Racing, we're giving enthusiasts a Mustang with that level of performance."
- Ford Racing Supercharger upgrade kit (SuperPack 600) producing over 600 horsepower and 590 ft.-lbs. of torque
- 6-speed manual transmission with 3.73:1 rear axle ratio
- Ford Racing performance exhaust system w/Borla Exhaust
- Ford Racing Handling Pack offering unique performance suspension tuning including
- Dynamic adjustable dampers, lowering springs, tuned stabilizer bars, and front strut tower brace
- Shelby-designed Alcoa 20-inch wheels w/ Pirelli P Zero tires
- Ford Racing short-throw shifter
- Baer 6 piston brakes with Shelby cast calipers and larger rotors
- Front brake cooling ducts
- Unique carbon composite hood featuring classic Shelby design
- 'Shelby' lettering across the front edge of hood and rear decklid
- Super Snake' vehicle badging